Thursday, October 12, 2006



The Vision Statement

Or
The Irony of it All

I hate blogs. I hate putting something of myself on paper (and as an extention, on an electronic server), immutable and constant. Of all the things I believe myself not to be, I am not static. Not in a self glorious, change-is-good sort of way, but mostly in a pretty irritating, erratic sort of way. Attempts of myself to understand myself have failed. Miserably. So, one can see why anything as absolute as spelling out the inner workings of the creaking gears up there can almost always lead to dissatisfaction later on.

I will not write a blog. For the reasons mentioned above, I decided I am not going to. And of course, I’d like to think I have more important things to do than describe in detail how I’m having a bad hair day. Though it’s true I never got the rationale behind spending an incredible amount of time describing each insignificant detail about one’s life, vanity turning a blind eye to the fact that no one’s remotely interested.

But then again, I just might, maybe, someday, if so tempted. (kindly refer to paragraph 1)

Of course, one has a full right to decry my sanity or denounce the above as mere sensationalism (if one’s standards and expectations are so lowered of course). I did refuse to describe myself and to write a blog. By the very acts, I did (do notice the title if you scratched your chin on first reading it. If you didn’t, do, it does give one such an air of suppressed wisdom).

Anyway, for now, this is THE blog. More are not planned, and am sure, not going to be demanded. This is merely going to be a place I can put up the amateur photography I indulge in, because a quirk of mind seems to gravitate away from the saner option of sites like flickr.

Maybe also a few poems. NOT written by me, just those I like, or those that match the theme of the pics I put up.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

totally agree with this manifesto, nd back it up. no one should/ could be even remotely interested in *your* descriptions of the beauty of the world *you* realized when you were gazing at the sky the other night, or in ur coffee the other eve or so on and so forth.. but it would be good to once in a while visit a webpage nd see the beauty of the world through the lens of an able camera even if in the hands of an amateur gettin better with each shot! keep clickin. :)

5:48 PM, October 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home